#MicroDOTHelmets will be present at the Thunder in the Hill Country 202. March 26-28, 2021
This is their pubic announcement for this year!
This letter has helpful hints for surviving the FIRST, BEST, and LARGEST Rally in the Texas Hill Country.
TEXAS HILL COUNTRY BIKE WEEK, THUNDER IN THE HILL COUNTRY 2021
We are just a few days out for Texas Hill Country Bike Week, Thunder in the Hill Country 2021 Rally. Only a few public service announcements before the Rally. We have a great many folks coming in for the Rally from out of state. To name a few, Kansas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Colorado, Nebraska, North Dakota, New Mexico, Michigan, and even outside the United States.
Most of the riders are experienced; however, here are a few cautions and tips for riding the Texas Hill Country.
1) Deer and Hogs are everywhere, especially around dawn and dusk. It's highly recommended to use extreme caution during these times and times of darkness. Every year we have several MC vs. Deer or Hog accidents.
2) While riding the Sisters, PLEASE be careful. If the sign says 15MPH, do it. The Sisters' curves are fantastic but use your head, or it might get splattered on the side of a canyon or road. We have several accidents on the Sisters every year. If you go down up there, it will take First Responders a while to get to you, and there is no cell service on the sisters.
3) Don't get carried away looking at the beautiful scenery; the roads are tricky, and you need to pay full attention to the road. If riding in a group spread out, don't get too close to each other.
4) Local Law Enforcement: Bandera County Sheriff's Office, Bandera City Marshals Office, and DPS are great guys, and I love to see all the riders come to the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Thank them for their service. Just remember this "Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes" Everybody use your head, have a good time but don't get on the bike drunk or act stupid. We are all too old to get hurt or spend the remainder of the Rally in the Pokey.
5) Biker Rallies of Texas Guided Ride: I highly recommend this guided ride for both experienced and rookie riders. About a 4-5-hour ride through the Sisters with a lunch stop at Frio Canyon MC Stop. Slow, easy ride with beautiful scenery and sights. I will have at least 2 Road Captains and a fully outfitted EMT/Paramedic on the ride. For the Guided Ride, meet at the Registration Trailer at the park's front Friday morning March 26th. Safety briefing at 8:30 am. Blessing of the bikes by CMA and kickstands up at 9:00 am sharp.
6) Traffic congestion, Pedestrian and Motorcycles is very heavy on the rally grounds, especially after 6:00 pm. No Cars or Trucks will be allowed past the Second Police Check Point from 6:00 pm to 2:00 am. You must park your cage in the designated parking areas during these limited traffic times.
From 6:00 pm on, only Motorcycles will be allowed past Police Check Point 2. No cars or trucks will be allowed to park or stay in the campgrounds' Circle area except for RV service vehicles. RV service vehicles must display a provided parking permit.
7) Open Carry (Firearms). Biker Rallies of Texas is a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment; however, Texas 30.07 will be strongly enforced, NO OPEN CARRY OF FIREARMS on the Rally Grounds. If you are licensed to conceal carry, just remember that it is entirely a Licensed Premises once inside the Main Building (Show Barn) or around any bars selling alcohol. No firearms are allowed. (Texas 30.06 applies) 3rd Degree Felony for carrying on a Licensed Premises.
8) Covid 19 precautions. If you are sick or not feeling well, STAY HOME. There will be many other rallies. If you are in the high-risk category, please take precautions to protect your health. If you want to wear a mask, wear one. No one will shame you or ridicule you for wearing one. The Rally will have a FREE disposable mask available if you need or want one. Wash your damn hands and be considerate of other people. You will be required to have your temperature taken by a scanner upon check-in at the Rally and sign a COVID-19 liability release. If you refuse either one, see you next year, you will be denied entry. No arguments, no discussions.
Have fun and enjoy the Rally.
For additional information on MicroDOT Helmets please visit us here
To find the nest SOA Inspired DOT Beanie Helmets, please click here:
To get the Best Reversible like Baseball DOT Helmet, please click here
If you need to return to your cart please click here
If you want to review our “Founders” collection click here
To read reviews on our SOA Beanie Low Profile Blister Helmet please clikc here
To read reviews about our Reversible Twister Helmet in Fiberglass just click here
To learn about our Original Twister Helmet like Jocky style, click here
And last but not the least, learn more about our Mayhem the German Lowest Profile DOT Helmet here